RICOMET 2016 Public Declaration
Public Declaration after the RICOMET 2016 Conference. The RICOMET 2016 Conference reaffirmed:
- the complexity of radiological protection issues, which require a trans-disciplinary research approach, integrating natural sciences with social sciences and humanities (SSH);
- the importance of informed decisions at all levels;
- the need for sustainable decisions that address stakeholder concerns visibly and transparently;
- the value and utility of bottom-up, national stakeholder panels to discuss issues and identify key elements to be addressed through research;
- the need to develop attractive educational programmes related to ionizing radiation for different public audiences;
- and the value of a self-sustainable Social Sciences and Humanities network.